AREAS OF PRACTICE
- ESTATE PLANNING
- FAMILY LAW
HONORS AND AWARDS
- COMMENTS EDITOR, SANTA CLARA LAW REVIEW
- PRO BONO LAW CERTIFICATE, SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
- PUBLIC INTEREST LAW CERTIFICATE, SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
- CALI AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE, APPELLATE ADVOCACY
- CALI AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE, RACE AND THE LAW
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- YOLO COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION (PRESIDENT, 2015-2016)
- YOLO COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION (SECRETARY, 2014)
- YOLO COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION (MEMBER, 2013-CURRENT)
- SACRAMENTO COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION (MEMBER, 2012-PRESENT
- CALIFORNIA BAR ASSOCIATION (2013-PRESENT)
- IRANIAN AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION (2012-PRESENT)
- MIDDLE EASTERN LAW STUDENTS ASSOCIATION (PRESIDENT, 2011-2012)
- EMPOWER YOLO FAMILY LAW CLINIC (FOUNDING MEMBER)
- INDEPENDENT ORDER OF ODD FELLOWS (MEMBER, 2014-PRESENT)
- MONTESSORI PARENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SECRETARY, 2018-PRESENT)
Among his accomplishments, Brian Pakpour cherishes his role as father the most.
But he is also a Certified Family Law Specialist, representing clients since 2013 in a vast range of family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, property division, adoptions, domestic violence, and parental rights terminations.
Brian entered law school with the goal of practicing family law so that he could bring a fresh approach to the profession: heal families; don’t destroy them. Either way, individuals should leave family court knowing their voices were heard, and with healthy attitudes about themselves and those they love.
Opening his own practice, Pakpour Family Law, immediately after receiving his law license, Brian was determined to practice family law his way, and make a lasting impact on the profession.
In 2019, Pakpour Family Law merged with the Law Offices of Keith Banks to form Pakpour Banks LLP, a boutique law firm that today serves the needs of clients throughout the Sacramento Area and Central Valley with their family law, landlord/tenant, estate planning, immigration, criminal law, bankruptcy, and other matters.
In 2014, Brian helped found the Empower Yolo Family Law Clinic, a pro bono legal service provider assisting domestic violence victims with their family law needs. He also provides pro bono legal representation to select domestic violence and sexual assault survivors who qualify for Empower Yolo’s services.
In 2015, Brian was elected President of the Yolo County Bar Association, serving for two years.
In addition to receiving his Juris Doctor from Santa Clara University School of Law, where he was on Law Review, Brian was also awarded the Pro Bono Law Certificate, recognizing his pro bono legal assistance to those who could not afford it, and the Public Interest Law Certificate, recognizing his consistent commitment to practicing law for the public good.
Prior to entering law school, Brian graduated from West Chester University of Pennsylvania with a Master of Arts in Philosophy, and Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. After spending ten years as a journalist, Brian left his first career to become a lawyer.
Brian originates from the Greater Philadelphia Region of Pennsylvania and is an avid Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers fan. When he has free time, he enjoys skiing, traveling, wine tasting, and spending time with his family.
Brian is a member of the family law sections of the American Bar Association, State Bar of California, the Yolo County Bar Association, and the Sacramento County Bar Association.